Sunday, May 19, 2013



 


With School almost out we thought it would be fun to post some fun ideas you can do at home with little or no cost this summer.




I love all the different bugs, animals, people, and other designs you can make  by just finger painting. In my own experience I have tried  many variety's  of stamp pads,  painting pads,  the list can go on forever with the variety of items you can purchase in todays market.
When working with kiddos I found the end result most times ended up with a muddled mess that didn't showcase the true colors.

 

So we set out to make our own and here's how we did it;




I found these great shimmy's at our local Dollar Tree.  I   cut the shammy into small manageable  pieces. I sprayed them down with a water bottle to lightly moisten. The first time I over wet them so be sure to just mist. Add a small amount of tempera paint , about a quarter sized to each square,  using a brush or fingers you then can paint with ease.  As the paint thins out it really turns into a unique stamp pad.  You can wash out the shammy when your done and reuse .








Using this idea for finger paint is simple, cost effective way of making your colors pop and setting your kiddos up for success
visit;
www.kidslutter.com for more ideas and tools to help your child be successful in school and at play.




 

we used minimal paint for this effect

No comments:

Post a Comment